The Squid Analysis Report Generator (SARG) enables you to see your Squid users internet usage. SARG provides many informations about Squid users activities like times, bytes, sites, etc. This article will show you how to use SARG through Webmin, a web-based interface for administering Linux.
Installing Webmin and SARG
2. From a terminal window, type in the command below to install SARG.
yum install sarg
3. Install Webmin.
After installing, login to Webmin. Webmin will enable us to control who gets access to the Squid reports. We will also have an easy to use web-based interface for configuring the report format.
4. Click Un-used modules
in the side bar. Next click Squid Report Generator
. We need to configure SARG so click module configuration
5. Change the value of Full path to SARG configuration file
then click the Save
Next time you need to use the Squid Report Generator, look for it under Servers
instead of Un-used modules
Generating a report
1. To generate a report, click the Generate Report Now
2. Next, click View completed report
3. Click the latest generated report.
4. Review the generated report.
Visit the forum to ask for help or to give a comment.
Posted on 10/25/2008 and last updated on 11/6/2009
Filed under Squid Proxy Server