JXplorer is a standards compliant general purpose open source ldap browser that can be used to read and search any ldap directory, or any X500 directory with an ldap interface. This article describes to how install the JXplorer open source ldap browser.
3. Double click the downloaded file to launch the Archive Manager
4. Click the Extract
button to launch the Extract
5. Change the destination folder by clicking on Desktop
. In the popup menu, select Other….
6. Click the notepad button and in the Location field type in /opt/
and click Open.
7. Click the Extract
button to start extracting
8. Type in the commands below in a terminal window to give the proper permission to JXplorer.
1. Type in the commands below in a terminal window to launch JXplorer.
2. In JXplorer
, click the connect button located in the upper left of the window.
3. Fill in the connection information and click Ok
4. That’s it, it’s working.
Visit the forum to ask for help or to give a comment.
Posted on 8/21/2009 and last updated on 11/6/2009
Filed under LDAP