This article describes how to install an SSL certificate in 389 Directory Server to be able to use encypted SSL connection during synchronization. If you will be synchronizing with an Active Directory server, make sure SSL is enabled. You’ll also need a base-64 encoded SSL certificate from your Active Directory server.
2. Click the + sign corresponding to your server. Next, click the + sign corresponding to Server Group
and click Directory Server
. Finally, click the Open
button in the Directory Server
3. Click the Manage Certificates
4. Click the CA Certs
5. Click the Install
6. Select the in this local file
option and specify the location where the SSL certificate can be found. Click Next
when you are done.
7. Verify the certificate information and click Next
8. Verify the certificate type and click Next
9. Click the Done
10. Finally, click Close
Visit the forum to ask for help or to give a comment.
Posted on 1/18/2009 and last updated on 11/6/2009
Filed under 389 Directory Server , Active Directory , SSL/TLS