After getting a copy of the CentOS 6 or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, the steps below describes how to install it from scratch.
10. Setup your network configuration and click Apply. Click Close in the Network Configurations window.
15. Select the following packages.
- Legacy UNIX compatibility in Base Systems. After checking this package, click Optional packages and check telnet.
- E-mail server in Servers
- Web server in Web Services
- Graphical Administration Tools in Desktops
Click Next when you’re done.
17. Congratulations, the installation is complete. Remove the DVD and click Reboot to proceed to configuration.
Next: How to Setup CentOS 6 Linux »»
Visit the forum to ask for help or to give a comment.